Thanksgiving can cause us Whole Food Plant Based eaters a lot of stress. Don't stress. I have already stressed out for you. *Breathe :)
Here are the BEST recipes I have found or created for you. Get cooking!
- 5 lbs. Organic Golden Yukon Potatoes
- Several Cloves of Garlic
- Sea Salt
- Peppercorns (optional)
- Celery (optional)
- Fill large pot with washed and quartered potatoes.
- Cover potatoes with water. Approx. 8-10 cups.
- Add minced Garlic cloves & salt to liking.
- Optional: Add some peppercorns and stalks of celery cut in half.
- Boil for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Strain water into bowl to use for the gravy. Leave a little water with the potatoes. Remove celery & peppercorns if used.
- Mash potatoes. Hand held blender works great.
- *Do not OVER mash potatoes or they will turn into glue...:)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (12 ounce) pkg sliced mushrooms
- 12 cups dried out whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 3 1/2 – 4 1/2 cups veggie broth
- Sauté onion, celery, mushroom, and parsley in a little veggie broth.
- Pour sautéed veggies over bread crumbs in a very large mixing bowl.
- Add all seasonings and toss together.
- Pour in enough broth to moisten. (I added extra broth halfway through for a moister stuffing)
- Pack stuffing lightly into lined crock pot, and cover.
- Set on High for 45 minutes.
- Reduce to Low and cook for 3 – 4 hours more.
- 1/2 a Pineapple, Cut up.
- Organic Fresh Raw Cranberries, rinsed.
- Dates, pitted
- Add 1 Orange or 1 Apple (optional)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth in High Speed Blender OR use a Food Processor
- Organic Corn alone or with Peas, Fresh or frozen. Steam or Microwave.
- Organic Green Beans, Fresh or frozen. Steam, Microwave or sautee in veggie broth.
- WFPB Rolls
- WFPB Corn Bread
- Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon and Sucanat
I will add more recipes to this list when I can.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING from my family to yours!